Saturday, May 16, 2009

Clearly I Need More Models

Not that Heather isn't beautiful, and a really good sport, I can't make up an entire portfolio with nothing but my wife. I mean, I could, and I would, but I won't.

I mentioned that I would be giving away free portrait sessions, so here are the details.

ATTENTION: This is not a popularity contest, and I am not picking 'favorites'. It's not personal, it's business.

To be considered for a free portrait session, please do the following:

1. Become a 'FAN' of Organic Visual on Facebook.
2. Post a current photo of yourself on the wall of the Organic Visual Facebook page.
3. Start your post with "PORTRAIT GIVEAWAY:"
4. In the description, briefly tell me what you intend to use the photo for.
5. Tell me what your geographical location is. I'll be shooting in Charlotte in June, Hampton Roads and DC in July.

The deadline is May 23rd at Noon-ish. One week from right now.

My wife, Heather, and I will be choosing and scheduling 4 sessions in the Charlotte/Fort Mill area, and 6 sessions in the DC/NoVa/Hampton Roads area.

Things you should be aware of:

1. You must be at least 16 years old.
2. You must be willing to sign a release form giving Levi Bethune and Organic Visual full rights to any photos taken, as they may be used for promotional material, private galleries, and commercial use. (under 18 needs parent's signature)
3. You must be willing to drive up to 15 minutes to meet me at a location of my choosing.

You'll get at least 5 GREAT photos out of this deal, and it will only take about an hour. My wife will be with me on the shoots to help with art direction and comfort. Further instructions and details will be sent out to the people we select, but this is just what you need to know right now.

Please understand, if I don't pick you, that doesn't mean I don't like you. It doesn't mean you're not photogenic, and it doesn't mean I won't take your photos some other time. This is not a contest. I'm looking for a rather specific, yet diverse look to represent the photography for my business.

Even if you're not picked, based to the response of this offer, I will be giving away more sessions in the future, and all those offers will be made first to the people who participate in Facebook/Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment