Sunday, April 26, 2009

Me, Myself and Levi

This is an unintentional self-portrait that I didn't delete from the camera as I was getting ready for a friend's headshot.

I am a hairy guy.

Doing color-correction and post-production on photos of yourself is pretty humbling. I never noticed how crooked my nose was.

As far as I see it, there is a certain level of self-examination that needs to happen every once in a while. I'm not the kind of guy that will stand in front of the mirror all day and fuss about how I look, and I'm also rarely afraid to jump in front of a camera. That said, I still care too much about how I look. It's almost a crutch for me. As if what I look like determines who I am, or how I act. And, I guess, to a certain extent, that's the way things are.

I often wish people would wait to pass judgement on me until they get to know me, but I rarely give other people that courtesy. I think it's time for me to turn the camera around and focus on myself for a little bit, get to figure out what I'm all about before I go around trying to profile other people.

Yeah, you can never judge a book by it's cover, but a book cover usually is a fair representation of the experience you'll have when you're reading.

3 comments:

  1. Hey, at least you don't look like your brother. :)
    Just last night Kelsey and I were talking about MY crooked nose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this shot. The eyes are great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. [...] « One More This is another photo that got mixed in as a test shot that actually turned out well. This is a self portrait done with the remote on my Nikon. I had the camera set to manual focus, [...]

    ReplyDelete