Thursday, April 23, 2009

Learning To Wait

This has been a lot of photos of my boy lately, but right now, he's pretty much the most interesting and spontaneous model I know.

Isaiah was waiting for his ice cream from mommy when I snapped this photo. I've been working on my off-camera strobe photography, and let me tell you, it's so hard when you're working with line-of-sight infrared and a little boy. For this photo, the flash was triggered remotely while laying on the table.

Isaiah's posture in this photo is very similar to how I feel right now. I am waiting. Or, at least, trying to learn how to start the beginning of a process that results in me waiting. That's what it feels like to me. When I'm forced to wait, I tend to sulk and feel sorry for myself. I start to whine and my bottom lip juts out like I'm about to complain. It's a hard place to live because all I can really think about is myself and what I want. I shut down, and stop listening to encouragement and all I hear is negative. But, I know, and still learning, that if I'm patient (and ask nicely), then the bowl of ice cream is closer than I think.

3 comments:

  1. Levi,
    That pretty much sums up my life for the past 6 months. I can totally identify with the last paragraph, and especially the last line. Thanks for the picture. I'll probably repost it on facebook (which gets sent to tumblr, and eventually twitter).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant. Truly, you have a gift.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an adorable picture. I love his face!

    ReplyDelete